E-Flite Convergence VTOL BNF Basic Airplane EFL11050
This is the E-Flite Convergence VTOL BNF basic airplane. VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) RC models are usually a mixed bag when it comes to performance. If they are stable, their speed and agility is often lackluster. If they ..
- Brand: E-Flite
- Product Code:IDSPT0241
- Availability:In Stock
This is the E-Flite Convergence VTOL BNF basic airplane. VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) RC models are usually a mixed bag when it comes to performance. If they are stable, their speed and agility is often lackluster. If they are nimble, pilots have to work harder to transition between hovering and airplane flight. The Convergence™ VTOL park flyer changes all that. Its unique design and exclusive flight control software give you the best of both agility and stability while making the transition between multirotor and airplane flight so smooth and predictable, you will feel right at home your first time on the sticks.
- Full-range, 6+ DSMX/DSM2 channel transmitter
- 2200-3000mAh 3S LiPo flight battery
- 3S compatible LiPo charger
Includes: Convergence VTOL BNF and user manual
Sleek and Simple
Unlike complex VTOL aircraft that rotate the entire wing and require as many as four motors to achieve vertical and forward flight, the Convergence park flyer uses a simple, yet sleek, delta-wing design with three brushless motors – two rotating motors on the wing and a fixed-position motor in the tail.
In multirotor flight the wing-mounted motors rotate up into the vertical position to provide lift and flight control along with the motor in the tail. In airplane flight, the wing-mounted motors rotate down into the horizontal position and the model’s elevons take over pitch and bank control. Yaw control in airplane flight is provided by differential thrust from the wing-mounted motors.
Exclusive Flight Control Software Makes it Easy
At the heart of it all is flight control software that has been expertly tuned by designer, Mike McConville, so almost any RC pilot can experience the fun of VTOL flight.
Making the transition between multirotor and airplane flight is as simple as flipping a switch. The flight controller will smoothly rotate the two wing-mounted motors into the correct flight attitude and activate the rear motor as needed.
Stability and Acro Flight Modes
These two flight modes give you a wide range of performance for every phase of flight.
- Stability Mode- In multirotor flight, Stability Mode will limit pitch and bank angles and work to keep the model level when you release the sticks. This allows you to take off and land like a pro, even if you’ve never flown a multirotor before. In airplane flight, it will limit pitch and bank angles and automatically return the wings to level when the sticks are released. Stability Mode automatically engages during the transition between multirotor and airplane flight. It seamlessly maintains self-leveling and angle limits from one phase of flight to the other, making this the easiest RC VTOL experience you will find anywhere.
- Acro Mode- In Acro Mode there are no angle limits or self-leveling in any phase of flight. During multirotor flight, the model will behave like a conventional multirotor that pitches and banks in whatever direction you want it to fly. It can flip and roll like other multirotors, too. In airplane flight, Acro Mode lets you perform a wide range of aerobatic maneuvers. And because you have the forward thrust of two brushless motors working for you, there is plenty of speed and power to spare. You can even use the differential thrust of the motors to perform unique spinning and tumbling maneuvers.
The model is designed to accommodate several of the most popular FPV camera systems. There is a camera bay under the nose and a place to mount the video transmitter in the rear of the aircraft. Both locations are easy to access so installation takes just a few minutes.
Recommended FPV systems (all items sold separately) are; Spektrum 650TVL CCD FPV Camera NTSC, Spektrum 25mW 5.8GHz Video Transmitter, Power Adapter and Spektrum 4.3-Inch Video Monitor with Headset
Super-Simple Transmitter Setup
This Bind-N-Fly® version can be flown with any full-range, 6+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® aircraft transmitter and comes equipped with a Spektrum serial receiver that is connected to the flight controller. No complex transmitter setup or programming is required. You use your “GEAR” switch for selecting Stability or Acro mode and your “AUX 1” switch to transition between multirotor and airplane flight.
- Multirotor versatility and sport plane agility
- Designed by champion pilot, Mike McConville
- Exclusive flight control software makes it incredibly easy to fly
- Stability and Acro Modes provide a wide performance envelope
- Powerful brushless motors for outstanding speed and climb performance
- Super-simple transmitter setup—no complex programming required
- FPV-ready with camera and video transmitter mounting stations
Wingspan: 25.6 in (650mm)
Overall Length: 26.9 in (680mm)
Wing Area: 291 sq in (1883 sq cm)
Flying Weight: 1.7 lbs (771g)
Motor Size: 2210-1450Kv Main, 2730 - 1550Kv tail
Radio: 6+ Channel DSMX/DSM2
Trim Scheme Colors: Black, Red, Silver
Recommended Battery: 2200mAh, 3S (not included)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No